Of course, this is a work in progress…
Life lessions, mostly from my dad.
- Do the things that are hard.
- Do what scares you.
- Read books.
- Question everything.
- Be skeptical of authority.
About computers and programming.
- Remember your ABCs (Always Be Coding)!
- Read source code and man pages and RFCs and docs.
- Use the command line.
- Learn a systems programming language (if a frontend developer).
- Get to know your tools intimately.
- Know Unix.
- Know TCP/IP.
- Know public key cryptography.
- Use Vim :)